Freitag, 24. April 2015

Yocto: INHERIT, inherit, include, require

For me it was a little bit confusing which directive I have to include in which file to include other files and which includes are valid. This is a little table I've made which shows the valid combinations. I give no promise though that this table is correct or complete but so far it worked for me:
Target: .bb .bbclass .conf .inc
.bb
.bbclass inherit inherit INHERIT
.conf
.inc
include
require
include
require
include
require
include
require

So for example if you are working on a .bb file you can use the inherit statement to include a .bbclass file.

inherit, INHERIT and include won't produce an error if the file does not exist, only the require statement will cause the build to file if the file does not exist!

More informations about the statements can be found on the following website: Locating Include and Class Files

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen